Uneven Bars C Skills
C SKILLSJager/piked jager
- The gymnast should have a solid front flyaway.
- Front pike dismounts from a swing or cast. The dismount should not travel far from the bar.
- In a pit, resi-pit, or over stacked mats, piked front 1 1/4 to the mats. This will help develop a feel for the over rotation needed to do the skill properly. (this also teaches the gymnast what to do when they miss the release move)
- Once the front pike dismount is high enough and getting close to the bar, it just takes a little later release and a reach for the bar.
View an animation | View a different animation
- All drills for a straddle back apply.
- The gymnast must focus on the hips rising and not the heels. The motion is very similar to a press handstand.
- A tight hollow on the catch is critical to stabilize the skill.