Other names for this skill: flip-flop, flic-flac, flicA value skill
FIG Code Group: IV
FIG Code Box: 6
Drills for Back handspring.
- Sit back to a wall. The gymnast should stand about 3/4 the length of their femur and sit back with a vertical torso until they reach a wall sit position. This will develop a feel for the proper sit position.
- Back limbers over a rounded block.
- Handstand snap downs. The gymnast should try to finish with their feet in front of them with their arms traveling upwards.
- Place a mat against a wall. Sit and fall back agains the mat. The entire back should contact the wall at the same time. This will help reinforce not leaning forward when sitting for a backhandspring.
- Place a springboard on the floor,have gymnast get into a push up position with hands flat(without grabbing edges of springboard) work on moving body with shoulders without bending arms or legs.
Do you know an alternate name for this skill? If so click here.